One of the key factors in being a great salesperson is building relationships with your customers. But relationships don’t develop overnight. They require nurturing which involves patience and consistency on the part of the salesperson. Here are some tips for building trust over the long haul:
- Always make an appointment. You don’t want to surprise your customer.
- Always show up to the appointment and be on time. People are busy and don’t like to hear excuses, no matter how valid.
- Always cover the product features, the benefits to the customer and the costs.
- Always tell the truth. Lying or not telling the whole story may be a deal breaker.
- Always follow up with your customer. Make sure they got exactly what they ordered.
- Always look for those little things that will make your customer’s life better, like complimenting them on something you think they do very well.
- Never try to close a sale until the customer indicates he/she is ready to buy.
Once you have a meaningful relationship with your customers, they will not only trust you, but want to do business with you over and over again.
President, Business 360 Northwest